Equity crowdfunding is developing very quickly in the European Union. For my upcoming book on equity crowdfunding based on my Master Thesis I analysed as many successfull equity crowdfunding campaigns as found. Here you can find summary of the results.
- Final date for gathering data was 30.11.2014
- The exchange rates are from 28.11.2014 and have been published by European Central Bank and/or Central Bank of Poland: 1 EUR = 4,1814 PLN and 1 GBP = 1,2564 EUR and 1 GBP = 5,2805 PLN
- Analysed projects were run only on EU platforms and only by EU established entities
- For transparency and accessability reasons I’ve analysed only those projects, for which all information and data has been publicly accessible (or after simple registration)
- Mini-bonds, loans and other only-debt-based financial instruments weren’t taken into account
- Some mezzanine-based projects were taken into consideration
The analysis identified 256 successful equity crowdfunding campaigns ended until 30.11.2014. The average value of capital raised amounted to PLN 806 106.34, which is equivalent to 192 668,95 EUR. On average, each project involved 211 investors, each of whom allocate 3 820.42 PLN or 913.12 EUR.
|L.p.||DATA||VALUE in PLN||VALUE iN EUR||RECORDS (N)|
|1||Sum of capital raised||206 363 991,94||49 323 250,71||256|
|2||Average capital raised||806 109,34||192 668,95||256|
|3||Sum of valuation||1 199 398 602,36||286 626 132,78||181|
|4||Average valuation||6 626 511,62||1 583 569,79||181|
|5||Average share offered||13,95%||181|
|6||Sum of investments||36888||175|
|7||Average investors count||211||175|
|8||Average single investment||3 820,42||913,12||175|
Source: Karol Król, Equity crowdfunding as a source of financing SMEs in the EU, Poznań University of Economics
More information on this analysis will be published in English soon.